Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard this thrilling ride that is the holiday season! As fellow travelers, we know that taking to the skies can sometimes feel like an episode of an adventure-survival TV show - especially during the holidays.
But fear not, we will share some holiday travel tips that will make you more confident and prepared so you will be taxing down the runway like a fearless champion.
1) Eary Bird gets onboard:
--Book the earliest flights of the day for best on time performance and cleaner airports
--Rember the 'three hours prior' rule for international flights and 'two hours' for domestic. Trust us, the airports will be packed, and 'I-got-stuck-in-traffic' excuse won't delay the flight!
--Plan your transportation and parking in advance too
2) Make a list and check it twice: Keeping a checklist will keep you from forgetting things and also prevent overpacking!
3) Think Comfort First: Dress for comfort. To save luggage space, wear your heavier clothes and bring a cozy sweater or fleece to curl up with and keep you warm as the planes can be cold onboard.
4) Keep calm and Carry-on: Pack smart! Know your airline's carry-on policy and avoid check-in fees. More money for holiday treats and eliminate the chance of delayed or lost luggage!
5) Stay Plugged In: Make sure all your devices are charged and ready. Engage airplane mode, sit back and enjoy your in-flight BLOCK-buster.
6) Hydrate, Hydrate and Hydrate: Keep a water bottle handy to avoid getting dehydrated. Sorry, alcohol doesn't count!
7) Master the Art of In-flight Entertainment: Download your favorite music, shows, book, or podcasts before you leave. Noise canceling headphones will make you feel like you're in first class.
8) Carry Healthy Snacks: Pack them in clear Ziplock bags in case flights are delayed and don’t have time to wait in food lines (nuts, protein/granola bars, dried fruit, baked chips, cereal, trail mix along with chewing gum and hard candies to suck on if your ears get plugged)
9) Enroll in TSA Trusted Traveler Programs: - This will make a huge impact in easing the time and stress of passing through airport security. Programs are valid for 5 years and some travel credit cards even cover this cost…Makes a great present to yourself and family members.
More info here: Official Trusted Traveler Program Website | Department of Homeland Security (dhs.gov)
10) It's all in the App: Download and update your airline, airport, hotel, rail, shared ride and other transportation apps and have handy as they will help you with flight delays, gate changes and cancellations. Sign up for text alerts for your flights too as another method of keeping on top of flight changes.
12): Calmness is Key: Delay, cancellation or missed flight? Stay calm and take a deep breath. Remember, 'Keep Calm and Travel On' is not just a hashtag.
We hope these tips will help you overcome any turbulence. And remember, no holiday tale is complete without a bit of adventure! Your journey is your story so smile and embrace this time as we are all going through it together.
Safe travels and happy holidays from Top Group Travel.
Share the knowledge
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan