It’s official, travel is back, and it is incredible! We’re halfway through the summer and all our travelers are having a fantastic time. From Hawaii to Alaska across the USA to Europe and back travelers are returning home with incredible stories, encounters and amazing experiences.
Travel means something different to everyone and people travel for all reasons and seasons. Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.
I have yet to meet anyone that says they wish they traveled less. Have you?
Check out our top 10 reasons of Why We Travel.
1) To Travel is to Live – Travel opens our hearts and minds and once expanded they never shrink…
Travel is a mindset and one of the healthiest addictions. It is like breathing, if we are not in motion, we become stagnant.
2) Travel to Celebrate - Milestone events like weddings, honeymoons, graduations, anniversaries, reunions, promotions, retirement, etc., should be honored and celebrated with an extra ordinary trip or experience to honor the occasion and create lasting memories.
3) Travel to Learn –. To know, to understand. Travel teaches us and It’s not something you can find on the internet, or in a classroom, or in a book.
Don’t just read the textbook, become the textbook by learning and doing. When we venture out, we return as a different person with more perspective of our home and who we are.
4) Travel to Discover – Visit historical sites so you understand what happened, how people lived and why things are the way they are.
Make new encounters, uncover your heritage, become a pilgrim, explore amazing places, appreciate ancient masterpieces of architecture, music, and art.
Understand what is possible and taste the unfamiliar
5) Travel to Make/Renew Friendships - If you travel with an open heart, are flexible and spontaneous you’ll make some incredible like-minded new friends with similar interests. They are waiting for you.
Visiting and traveling with existing friends or family makes us better connected and deepens our relationships.
6) Travel for Adventure –Satisfy your daring spirit and take the road less traveled.
Focus on a specific activity or goal such as diving, kayaking, driving mountain trekking, biking, climbing, hiking, and push beyond your comfort zone
7) Travel Makes you a Storyteller – Been there, done that. Travel can leave you speechless but teaches us about the world. New experiences and encounters, good and bad, ugly and the beautiful, hot and cold all get ingrained in your memory and ready to be told and shared.
Travel provides us context and perspective and makes us wiser and more interesting.
8) Travel Builds your Confidence – Travel engages us in every way and improves who we are. At first it may be overwhelming and pushes our boundaries. However, once your senses become alive, you’ll be keenly aware of your surroundings and fully engaged in the moment to take on new challenges and situations that present themselves.
9) Travel makes you Compassionate – Travel expands your mind and warms your heart. We are less judgmental and able to celebrate our different cultures, religion, traditions and people when we have walked in other's shoes and become familiar with their culture, food, history and struggles.
Travel makes you appreciate of what you have and not have.
10) Travel to Find Yourself - "Not all those that wander are lost" - JR Tolken.
The more you wander the more you wonder. Travel frees us from routine and seeing the world helps better understand our place and purpose.
Share the knowledge
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan