Group Travel is back and getting to be even more popular now post Covid as travelers want to reconnect with people, places and experiences. Group Travel offers a fun, easy, affordable and smooth way to travel by yourself or with friends and family. Group Travel can also be an ideal solution when traveling to international destinations where you may not speak the local language, feel comfortable or safe getting around on your own.
Group travel opportunities are endless and are a great option for solo holidays, couples, single parent holidays, families, friend groups, last minute getaways, milestone events and much more.
But what is Group Travel? In short, Group Travel is defined by 10 or more individuals traveling to the same destination by not necessarily from the same location on a pre-planned, organized travel package, tour or event.
What are the advantages of Group Travel? There are many, below we list the top 8 reasons travelers give for traveling as part of a group.
1) Easy and Simple- all the Major Details are Taken Care Of: You’ll save loads of time and frustration in researching, pricing, coordinating, and booking flights, hotels, tours, transfers, dining with no missing gaps or connections as these are usually included in your package.
2) Smooth, Seamless and Fully Supported Travel: Enjoy 24/7 support of a dedicated trip director and their team whose main responsibility is to take care of you so you can fully enjoy your experience.
Think of them as your own personal concierge to navigate any travel hassles, inconveniences, or emergencies. They also know the top restaurants, shopping and off the beaten path experiences to enjoy during your free time.
3) See, Do and Experience More: Pre-planned group travel will maximize your vacation time by:
- Skipping lines at major attractions, shows and tours
4) Affordability and Extra Perks: Stretch your travel budget by enjoying the savings and discounted rates of volume buying when traveling on a group package.
Group travel savings can range from 15% -40% compared to purchasing all the travel components on your own not to mention additional perks like free breakfast, Wi-Fi, early/late check-in, exclusive access, and privileges along with travel gear and gifts that may be included in your package.
5) Free Time to do your Own Thing: Just because you’re on a group trip does mean you’re stuck 24/7 with the same people on the same agenda.
Many travel packages include free time and options, especially when staying over in the same hotel 2 or more nights so you can relax, discover, explore, and dine on your own. You can always arrive early or stay late before your tour or travel package for independent traveling.
6) Safety in Numbers: Traveling alone can be daunting as not sure where to go, what to do, how to get there and can easily get lost, sidetracked, or worse.
Group travel offers safety with carefully curated itineraries, routes, accommodations, transportation and support of your tour operator, trip director, local guides and fellow travelers.
7) Travel with Friends and Make New Friends: My personal opinion is that traveling is always more fun with a group. Group travel is ideal for families, friends, clubs and organizations. The new shared experiences, stories, and memories you create will strengthen your relationships and bonding for a lifetime. You’ll also meet and make new friends with like-minded travelers from around the world making the world a smaller place and opening up even more travel opportunities.
Just remember our travelers' code: “There are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet.” ― William Butler Yeats
8) Group Travel is for Everyone: Just pick your destination(s), interests and budget and you can find a group travel package that will be a great match. Popular themes and interests include; history, art, culinary, beer, wines and spirits, music and festivals, education, religious, hiking, biking, adventure, photography, wildlife, fast paced or slow paced and the list goes on.
Many travelers arrive early or stay late after their group package to enjoy exploring on their own, so they have the best of both. For assistance to find and compare the best options we suggest working with an experienced and professional travel advisor.
Can I make my own group? Yes, if you belong to a group or have your own community, you can arrange your own group trip or work with an experienced group planner to design and curate a custom group trip that ticks all your boxes. They can also manage all the details like planning, marketing, registration, payments and on trip assistance so you can be the Group Hero while having more time for fun and being with your tribe
Group Planning Made Easy
Share the knowledge
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan