Travel is wide open again with ongoing easing of restrictions and travelers are enjoying incredible experiences worldwide.
The end of the year is always crazy but also an ideal time to take advantage of year-end savings, promotions, and opportunities and make sure you’re set and ready to travel for the new year.
Travel also makes a wonderful gift too for anniversaries, birthdays and milestone events and you'll save money by locking in a spectacular trip.
Here is our quick end of the year checklist so you don’t lose out any opportunities and promotions
1) Double Check expiration dates of any free-night hotel certificates or companion airfares.
If can’t get them extended, then try to use or give away.
2) Take Advantage of end-of-the-year offers from your travel credit cards. These can be for travel savings, earning or buying points, etc..
Insider-Tip: If you plan on traveling internationally, now is a good time to get a new Visa or MasterCard travel card that offers no foreign transaction fees. Compare card offers so you receive the most bonus points possible before signing up.
3) Check your airline and hotel loyalty account balances to see if you can requalify for your current benefit level or higher – You may still have to time for a quick flight, stay or other way to earn points to retain or upgrade your status
4. Review expiration dates on cruise, airline and tour credit you may have accrued. Book a new flexible trip with these before they expire so don’t lose this credit and if your future plans change can always change your trip dates.
5. Consider pre-paying future international hotel stays and tours while the Dollar is very strong. Just make sure you have flexible and refundable pricing in case your plans change.
6. Lock in great year-savings on air, cruises, tours and vacation packages before pricing goes up next year.
Insider Tip: Always book refundable fares in case your plans change so have options getting refund and changing travel plans without penalties.
7. Check your passport's validity and get renewed if needed. Most countries require at least 6 months of validity past your travel dates. You can now even renew online.
Link is Here:
8. Apply for TSA and Trusted Traveler Program so can save time and stress on future travels
Each program is valid for 5 years and makes for a great Gift. Link is here.ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
9. Travel Gifts.
Take advantage of sales and add some new luggage, camera, and or travel accessories for you and your loved ones under the tree and in your stockings.
10. Add the Gift of Travel for the holidays.
Travel is the most valuable gift you can give yourself and others…. memories last forever…
More info is here
Share the knowledge
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan