Break out your red, white, and blue and prepare to celebrate. Every 4th of July, Americans celebrate their Independence Day and it is our the largest annual party across the nation.
Fun Fact: even more than St. Patrick’s day, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas and Thanksgiving, more beer is consumed on the Fourth of July every year. It is also the most popular U.S. holiday for grilling and barbecue so shop early for your beer and meat.
Most towns and cities across America hold civic parades, festivals and celebrations and many families also have their own traditions. However, 4th of July is also one of the busiest travel holidays of the year and planning an annual trip to see and experience how large cities and destinations celebrate is an awesome and inspiring family vacation.
Here is the list of the top 10 Fireworks displays in the USA not to miss...
America's largest fireworks displays.
Not only are the fireworks displays offered amazing, but you'll enjoy the rest of the festivities, concerts, shows, parades and much more that each destination offers:
1) Macy’s Annual 4th of July Fireworks – New York
2) National Mall Independence Day Celebration – Washington, DC
3) Boston Pops Fireworks Display, Massachusetts
4) Addison Kaboom Town, Texas
5) Atlantic City 4th of July Fireworks, New Jersey
6) Lake Tahoe – Lights on the Lake, California
7) July 4th Celebration at the Pier, San Francisco
8) Wawa Welcome America, Philadelphia
9) Music City, Nashville 4th of July Celebrations, Tennessee
10) Chicago Navy Pier Fireworks, Illinois
I have been fortunate to see a few of these events and they are spectacular and worth the crowds and effort. Even if you cannot make it to any of these events for this year, plan a future summer vacation around Independence Day and stake out your spot for a great day and show.
Here is a helpful link to fireworks displays around the country: www.fireworkscalendar.com
Share the knowledge
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan