Don’t let the Coronavirus ruin your travel plans. With some pre-planning there are some safer modes of transportation to keep you and your family healthy. The key is to control your travel environment as much as possible and exposure to massive crowds and gatherings (always bring your sanitizing wipes). In this blog we’ll concentrate on healthier modes of transportation and in future blogs we’ll explore and list some amazing safer and uncrowded destinations.
Warning: Some of these modes of travel may get you into great shape as well
1) Walking and Hiking – Time to go old school and rely on your legs for transportation with some walking and hiking. Try a backpacking trip or long walks outdoors, on the lake, beach, park, etc.. You’ll love the slower pace and chance to reflect and rekindle with nature.
2) Bicycle – Pedal power is awesome! Explore some terrific bike trails or even better, go on an escorted bike small group tour where they take care of all the details, accommodations and food while you supply the foot power for transportation.
3) Automobile – Who's up for a "ROAD TRIP"?? Clean up your car or hire a rental and hit the road to see and explore some amazing scenery. Gas prices are also very low right now so will stretch your budget.
4) Recreational Vehicle (RV) – Now is a good time to take that RV vacation you always dreamed about. There are some amazing and luxurious campgrounds to explore with full amenities and services much like a destination resort. Depending on your location you can enjoy an awesome view from your bedroom window and are fully self- contained. FYI, I have personally enjoyed some great times exploring in an RV and love the freedom of traveling and think you may enjoy it too so give it a try at least.
5) Shorter airplane flights – Suggest flying domestically or to closer international destinations on shorter flights and smaller planes to avoid increased exposure on longer wide body flights. Try to fly direct and into smaller regional airports if possible.
6) Private plane – If you can afford this luxury you’ll not have to pass through busy and crowded airports or sit on large airplanes. If you do decide on this option and have an extra seat....call me..I know some great spots...
7) Small Group Tour- Limit your exposure to large groups and enjoy the convenience of an escorted small group tour (usually under 30 ppl)
8) Charter boat or barge – Charter a boat with or without a captain and enjoy a great time on a lake, river or ocean.
Hope this was helpful. For updated information and travel advice on the Coronavirus, check out our dedicated Facebook Page:
Share the knowledge
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Notes from your travel advisor... more about Dan