Shape Divider - Style waves_pattern
There are No Do-Overs for Family Celebrations
"Today's moments become Tomorrow's precious memories"
Travel is the longest lasting family gift
At Top Group Travel, we grew up on Family & Friend vacations and forever appreciate our shared recollections and eternal bonds
Children grow up too quickly so celebrate while still together...
Children grow up too quickly so celebrate while still together...
Title / Company
What a great family cruise and fun time! Our family loved it and ready to join your next adventure.
Fun, Fun, Fun - We loved the ship and itinerary along with all the special touches. Thank you for making this easy sailing for our family.
We had a relaxing time and loved all the ports of call. The food, entertainment and ship were fantastic!
- Celebrity Cruise lines is a family friendly award winning premium cruise line featuring "modern luxury", outstanding service, great entertainment, activities and culinary excellence.
Celebrity Equinox - Ship Statistics
- Built: June, 2009, Refurbished: June, 2019
- Gross Tonnage: 122,000
- Guest Capacity: 2,852
- Crew: 1,000
- Length: 1,041 feet / Beam: 121 feet
- Service Speed: 24 knots
- Guest Cabins: 1,426 total / # of Decks: 13
- Built in Germany, Ship's register is Malta
- What's Included in the Cruise price?Inclusive Pricing:
Thanks to valuable guest feedback and preferences for "not being nickeled and dimed
onboard," we offer more inclusive pricing and always superior personal service than what is typically advertised by the cruise line or mass market online travel shops. Contact us anytime and even call our cell phone, you'll never be on hold.
Our inclusive pricing allows you to accurately budget and "know your true costs from the start". We always monitor pricing so if better pricing is available later on, we can adjust your pricing for maximum savings.
Cruise Only Exclusive Group Inclusions:
-Professionally managed event with ongoing/onboard personal care and attention from your group travel hosts (will never receive this personal service anywhere)
-Gov't Taxes & Port charges of $141.39 per person
-*All guests sharing a cabin receive either a classic beverage package for adults age 21 years and older or coffee and soda beverage package for minors (onboard value over $425 per person and never included in online cruise pricing )
-*All guests receive a $150 onboard credit
Personal selection/placement of your cruise cabin so can be by your friends and family
-Exclusive Onboard/Onshore networking and get togethers
-Ongoing communication, travel tips and advice to get you fully prepared and ready to travel
-Onboard Hospitality Desk exclusive to group guests
-Making new family friends and connections (priceless)
--Shipboard Accommodations for 6 nights
-All Meals and snacks onboard in Ship's main restaurants and cafes as noted
-Nightly Guest Room Turndown Service
-Shipboard Entertainment & Daily Activities
-Onboard Children and Teen Programs
-Exciting Ports of Call
*Capacity controlled and subject to change by the Cruise Lines. Book early to lock in this promotion.
What's not included in the Cruise price?
Are there special prices for children or infants?Per the Cruise Line’s rules; The first two guests sharing a cabin regardless of age are charged at the noted per person rate. Additional guests (regardless of age) sharing the same cabin are charged at a discounted rate. Most cabins have a maximum occupancy of 4 guests, but some suites can accommodate up to 5 guests. All cabins must have a guest 21 years old or older registered in the cabin. If you have more than 4 guests in your party, we suggest booking adjoining cabins or cabins across from each other (i.e. balcony cabin for parents and inside cabin across the hallway or adjoining/adjacent cabins for children). On some balcony cabins the doors on the balconies can be opened creating a long balcony for a family or travel party to enjoy easy access to everyone’s cabins. Highly recommend booking early for best selection of cabins that fit your family or travel party as family cabins always are in high demand on this ship and sell first.
- *Onboard gratuities of $15.50-$16 per person per day
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Shore Excursions
- Onboard spa services (onboard fitness facility is free)
- Personal Expenses
- Ground Transfers to Cruise / Cruise Terminal Parking (cruisetour does include some ship and hotel transfers
- Pre/post hotels and tours if cruise only
- *Prepaid discounted packages are available
why should I book early?
is a balcony stateroom worth it?Yes, definitely! The sights, shorelines and sunrises and sunsets of the Caribbean are inspiring and what better way to enjoy them than from the privacy of your own private balcony stateroom. Especially, with the current Virus and infectious disease situation a balcony for fresh air is highly recommended and suggested for your health. Think of a resort, is it not always better to have a guest room facing the ocean with a balcony than to have a room with just a window or even no window and no view?
- Better Cabin Selection - Yes, for best selection of cabins, locations and pricing. Unlike a hotel vacation when guests are checking in and out for multiple stays and dates, on a cruise vacation everyone checks in and out on the same dates. This allows us to reserve a specific cabin for you and your guests according to your preference(s). Suites, specialty and family cabins, mid-ship cabin locations, adjoining balcony cabins and inside cabins across from balcony cabins are always in high demand and get booked quickly. Also, these are big ships so when traveling with friends and family it is always more fun to have your “tribe” close together in the same hallway and location so booking early makes it easier for us to secure cabins close together
- Better Pricing – We have a limited number of cabins at our current group pricing. Once our allotment is sold cabin prices will be at the prevailing prices and these prices always increase as it gets closer to departure date as most ships sail at 100% occupancy. We check pricing frequently so if prices do decrease after booking we can usually reprice your cabin to match the new promotion or discounted pricing and pass on these savings.
- Better Promotion - Current promotion includes onboard beverage package and conboard credit. This promotion is capacity controlled by cruise line and subject to change or be withdrawn at their discretion.
Private balconies are also a great way to escape the crowds. It is your own front row reserved seat to enjoy the same view from your own deck chair while having a cup of coffee or glass of wine- but without the crowds on the main decks. Balcony cabins are bigger as well since the balcony adds an additional dedicated seating area and the balcony sliding doors provide a floor to ceiling view of some of the best scenery in the world. The fresh sea air along with the soothing sounds of the ocean make for restful sleep. We have been in the travel business for a long time and have never heard of anyone that purchased a balcony cabin later say they wish they had bought an inside cabin. So, the answer is "YES."
FYI, due to the popularity and demand of balcony cabins, all newer cruise ships are built with close to 75% or higher of cabins and suites with balconies.can I cruise if I am pregnant or have an infant?Cruise lines will not allow infants under 6 months of age at time of sailing to board as well as women that are pregnant and have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise. All guests are required to sign a health questionnaire at check-in to ensure they are aware of our pregnancy policy. Please contact us directly with any questions. what type of children's programs are onboard?Celebrity Cruises offers a fantastic program for children 3-12 years old in the Camp- At- Sea program as well as a very popular Teen club for teenagers from 13-17 years old onboard. Toddler programs are also available. Your children will love all the fun activities, entertainment and programing as well as making new friends.
Added Bonus: A special STEM program is available on the Celebrity Equinox and will really inspire young scientists and youth eager to learn on their vacation (check it out below). Best of all, most of these programs are complimentary.
We understand the importance of exposing young minds to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), and that’s why we partnered with The Frost Science Museum* and Anturus to create a one-of-a-kind educational experience onboard. Our STEM at Sea program offers exclusive activities and events that will engage, entertain, and inform kids on varying topics such as marine wildlife, ecological conservation, and nautical exploration.
For more details and current information check out Celebrity’s webpage:
what if I get seasick?Seasickness may hit one person hard, while others don’t feel a thing. So, what’s the deal?
Experts say there no way to prevent motion sickness 100 percent. However, the chances are far less now with sizes and new technology of modern cruise ships along with medications and proper precautions.
Motion sickness occurs when what you see conflicts with what your inner ear senses. In other words, if you’re sitting in a car (not moving) but your inner ear detects movement (the car just hit 70 mph on the highway), the two signals being sent to your brain don’t match. Those mixed signals confuse the brain, and the resulting sensations and symptoms (dizziness, nausea) are the result.
Modern ocean cruising is all about having fun while visiting many exciting ports smoothly, safely and in good health. To this end there has never been a better time than now to enjoy cruising while minimizing any discomfort or sea sickness.
Information, Tips and advice are below to help you get your sea legs while onboard:
what travel documentation do i Need?Proper travel documentation is required at embarkation and throughout the cruise and is the responsibility of the guest. Any guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued.
- Cruise Ship Stabilizers - Built off a ship’s port and starboard sides along the water line, they reduce side-to-side motion or pitch and roll for a smoother ride, which helps cut down on feelings of seasickness. Stabilizers make a large ocean cruise ship much more stable than any small pleasure or fishing boat you may have been on before.
- Smooth Seas - With good weather forecasting and itinerary planning it is rare for a ship to encounter severe storms and very rough seas for an extended period as the Captain can simply steer clear. Additionally, unless you’re on a trans-ocean cruise most cruise itineraries seldom have multiple sea days in a row so even if you experience some sea sickness you will feel much better once in port and on land the next day.
- Medications – Consult your doctor or pharmacist before boarding as medications like Dramamine and Meclizine (we suggest the non-drowsy versions if available) are very effective for motion sickness when taken as directed (some medications require being taken 1 or 2 days before cruising). Other helpful options like Scopolamine patches placed behind the ear and acupressure wristbands, which stimulate a pressure point that can relieve nausea. We suggest buying any medications, patches or bands before cruising as they can sell out on the ship quickly or in port.
- Cabin Location – Lower level cabins located Mid-Ship or towards the Aft (rear) tend to have less motion than higher level cabins and being towards the stern (front of the ship). Balcony cabins with open access to fresh sea air and floor to ceiling sliding door windows are also recommended.
- Avoid Key Triggers - There are several factors that can contribute to the not-so-great feeling of being off balance. It is a good idea to avoid fatty foods or those high in salt and sugar, avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to sailing, and poor ventilation as strong smells can overwhelm the senses. Also, it is best to avoid reading. If you must, read small passages at one time and take frequent breaks to look up and find the horizon.
- Stay Cool - You do want to stay cool and eat small, plain meals throughout the day. Green apples, saltines and ginger (in the form of a pill, powder, tea) are all-natural stomach soothers.
- Avoid being inside - To acclimate to shipboard life and get those sea legs working, it is best to spend as much time as possible outside walking on deck or on your balcony. Use the horizon as a point to maintain your equilibrium. Your senses will be happy – visual input will agree with inner ear.
- Physicians onboard – If do feel or get sick your cruise ship has a fully staffed medical facility with Physicians and nurses onboard to help take care of you. Commonly used medications are kept on board and may be prescribed by the ship's doctor.
Required Travel Documentation:
You’re required to carry:
A Valid Passport (expiration date should be at least 6 months past your travel dates)
Proof of Citizenship (see below) AND Government-issued photo ID
- State certified U.S. birth certificate
(Baptismal paper, hospital certificates of birth, and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable.)
- Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
- Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
- U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad
WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative)-compliant documents (click here to for more information.)
*A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 does not require a government-issued photo ID.
The Cruise Line strongly recommends all guests to obtain a passport for their cruise vacation for the following reasons:
- If you miss your ship at its scheduled U.S. departure port and need to travel outside the U.S. to meet your ship.
- You unexpectedly need to depart the ship from a foreign port prior to the end of sailing, a passport would be required to leave or re-enter the U.S. by air.
We highly suggest for everyone (even infants) to have a valid passport that does not expire until at least 6 months past your travel dates. Passports for guests under 16 years old are valid for 5 years and for 16 years and older are good for 10 years so if you don’t have a passport it is a great investment for you and your family as it is required for all international travel and can be always be used as another accepted government approved ID for many other uses besides travel. It is important that guest names on travel documents be identical to those on the cruise booking.
Otherwise, proof of name change (i.e. marriage license), etc. must be presented. Please check with your country of citizenship's consulate or state department for current information and travel requirements. For more information on the proper travel documentation check out the Cruise Line’s website or the resources below.
- If minors are traveling without their one or both parents they must have a notorized letter from their parents allowing permission to cruise (please ask us for more information)
U.S. Department of State Passport Information
U.S. Customs & Border Protection
CIBT Passport & Visa Services (Third party company that is very helpful with passports and visa)
- *Onboard gratuities of $15.50-$16 per person per day
Attention Group LeadersCalling all School PTA members, Alumni Coordinators, Administrators, Student leaders, Coaches, Sports Teams, Family Planners and other Group Leaders.
If you have a group of at least 8 cabins or more, contact us directly to discuss additional perks, promotions and even fund raising opportunities that can be tailored and exclusive to your group.